Saturday, 18 February 2012

What is Bone Marrow Cancer

Bone marrow refers to the soft-tissue which is present at the center of mostly all the bones in one’s body. It contains cells known as ‘stem cells’, these are blood-forming immature cells. These stem cells subsequently transform into white blood cells, red blood cells, and platelets. White blood cells fight infection, while red blood cells transport oxygen through one’s body, and platelets assist blood clotting. When cancer develops in these stem cells present in the bone marrow, it is referred to as bone marrow cancer.

Types of bone marrow cancer:-

In many cases bone marrow cancer, it develops from cancer that has spread to the bone from some other organ in one’s body, this is known as ‘secondary bone cancer’. In this form of cancer, when the cancer is observed under the microscope, it can be determined as to which organ in one’s body first contracted it and consequently spread it to the bone, this is known as it tends to resemble the tissue it came from(prostrate, lung, breast, etc).

Another type of bone marrow cancer is known as ‘primary bone cancer’, this refers to the cancer that forms in the cells of one’s bone. A few types include – Osteosarcoma, Chondrosarcoma, malignant fibrous histiocytoma, and Ewing’s sarcoma.

Other types of bone marrow cancers that originate in the blood forming cells present in one’s bone marrow are – Leukemia(bone marrow manufactures white blood cells that are abnormal), Lymphomas(mostly originates in ones lymph nodes), and Multiple Myeloma(develops from plasma cells present in bone marrow).

Symptoms:-

Early symptoms may include fatigue, fever, poor appetite, and weight loss; however these signs/ symptoms may vary from patient to patient. The sad truth however remains that the early signs of bone marrow cancer are so subtle that many patients decide on consulting a doctor only when it’s too late, i.e. when the cancer is spread to other parts of the body. Some other symptoms may include – A hard lump on one’s bone, pain, Restricted movement, Unexplained fractures, Anemia, Weakness, Shortness of breath, dizziness, lowered resistance to infections, and lastly Swelling, stiffness, or tenderness in the bone.


Written By : Jeffrey Kenneth Cray

6 comments:

  1. Hello, Thanks for sharing such a post with us. It seems very needful to know more about "What is bone marrow cancer". The bone marrow in the center of the bone consists only fat but some other bones marrow contain cellular marrow. This cellular marrow has different types of tissues that give rise to red tissues, white tissues and platelets for our blood. The growth of abnormal cells, proteins or inflammatory processed that are not normally present in marrow is known as bone marrow cancer. Although bone marrow cancer does not have a clearly described cause, researchers have determined several aspects that increase the chance of developing these cancers. I have gone through one of the website's link like http://www.etypesofcancer.com/bone.html for more information, which may help you for the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. when I was looking for something on the internet and it turns out I found an interesting article and go to your website . I read carefully and found a very interesting article , add insight . I will share to my friends about what I get from your website .

    Obat Paru Paru Basah
    Obat Herbal Paru Paru
    Pengobatan Paru Paru Basah
    Obat Paru Paru Basah Herbal
    Obat Paru Basah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Work place Mediation helps to solve many problems in work palces like office another where we are doing work . its very good information in your blog and its helpful for us .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am 29 years old and have been diagnosed with breast cancer, ease of treatment and a similar story, except for my first acceptance as a rejection of herbal medicine. I was not part of the Perseid movement and did not really build relationships with any of them, I just believed in their operation. I say this because it was during the use of Dr. Itua herbal medicine that I now attest that herbal medicine is real, the phytotherapy Dr. Itua heal my breast cancer which I suffered for 2 years. Dr. Itua herbal medicine is made of natural herbs, with no side effects, and easy to drink. If you have the same breast cancer or any type of human illness, including HIV / AIDS, herpes,Ovarian Cancer,Pancratics cancer,bladder cancer, prostate cancer,  Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Autism,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,Brain cancer,Esophageal cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,Intestinal cancer,Kidney cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Multiple myeloma,Neuroendocrine tumors,Hodgkin lymphoma,Oral cancer,Ovarian cancer,Sinus cancer,,Soft tissue sarcoma,Spinal cancer,Stomach cancer,Testicular cancer,Throat cancer,Thyroid Cancer,Uterine cancer,Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancer.psoriasis ,Tach Diseases,Lupus,Endomertil Cancer, cerebrovascular diseases,
    Dementia.lung cancer,skin cancer,testicular Cancer,Lupus, , LEUKEMIA, VIRUSES, HEPATITIS, INFERTILITY WOMEN / MAN,CONTACT EMAIL / WHATSAPP:  Or  drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ +2348149277967

    ReplyDelete